SONGMICS Padded Wooden Piano Bench Stool with Music Storage Black
$51.99 in stock
- PADDED BENCH TOP - High resilient cushion brings you comforts for long time pratice, selected faux leather touches soft and smooth, seats up to 1 person
- SOLID WOOD CONSTRUCTION - This bench holds up to 300Lbs, stable and sturdy for sitting, rubber pads on feet protect your floor and cause no screeches
- MUSIC STORAGE COMPARTMENT - Internal storage: 19.1" L x 10.9" W x 2.4"D, roomy to keep your sheet music and accessories on hand, hinged lid is easy to open with folding lid support
- SIMPLE & ELEGANT - Black faux leather finish and tufted top well match your piano, keyboard even vanity table, adds a touch of simplicity and elegance to your home decor
- EASY ASSEMBLY- Simple assembly required, tool and instruction provided
The Piano Dad’s Review
It’s hard to find a good quality, padded piano bench that also looks great!
As the old refrain goes, “they don’t make them like they used to”. Well, most furniture makers don’t, but SONGMICS have done a great job with this particular padded piano bench.
This solid wood bench features a faux leather padded top and is incredibly stable and durable.
It has rubber pads on the feet to protect hardwood floors and the bench itself can accommodate up to 300 lbs.
There is a large music storage compartment under the seat, which can accommodate not just sheet music but small accessories too.
Some Assembly Required
The bench is shipped in pieces, and you will need to attach the legs to the box before you can use it.
This is a fairly simple job and instructions and tools are provided. The tools that they provide are small and a little awkward to use, so if you have a tool set at home you may want to have your socket wrench on hand for when the delivery comes.
With the right tools, assembly takes just a few minutes.
The build quality is good.
Some feel the legs look flimsy, but I have had no issues with them. The bench feels nice and strong when you sit on it and there are no worrying creaks!
Storage Area is a Bit Lacking
The only thing that lets the bench down is the storage area. While it’s nice and spacious, the bottom is chipboard, and it doesn’t feel like it can hold a lot.
For sheet music and small accessories, it is up to the job, so this is a minor point which is noteworthy more because it lets the rest of the design down.
Design and Appeal
This bench makes a great addition to an entertaining area or as a main seat for a family heirloom piano.
It looks stunning, and it is comfortable to use too. SONGMICS have managed to combine form and function in perfect fashion.
SONGMICS Padded Wooden Piano Bench (ULPB55H)
- Stylish appearance
- Tall enough to suit most people
- Robust construction
- A great fit for a classically themed room
- Some assembly required, however it is a simple job.
- Some people find the button accents on the seat make it uncomfortable
- Storage area has a chipboard bottom
This is a gorgeous looking padded piano bench that offers everything a dedicated pianist could ever want. The roomy storage and robust construction combine with a classic look to produce a top quality offering from SONGMICS.
Do you have any experience with this piano bench? Leave your own review below!
Hello! My Name is Scott and I am the Piano Dad! I started taking piano lessons as an adult to spend time with my 8 year old daughter and love every minute of it. I created this site to help other pianists learn more about playing piano as an adult. Hope you enjoy and learn a little something!